It’s finally happened. After waiting anxiously and trying for what seems a very long time, the double line has finally appeared on your pregnancy test. Success! Now it’s time to tell your husband or partner the big news. How will you do it?
Here are ten cute ways, gathered from across the Internet, to surprise him in a creative, funny or just plain silly way:
1) Bake a batch of cinnamon buns. Tell your spouse you have something extra special cooking (if he doesn’t notice the dreamy smell himself). When he opens the oven door, announce: “It’s official. We have a bun in the oven!”
2) Asked your partner to help cook pasta for dinner. Then hand him a jar of (I’m) Prego sauce.
3) Present your hubby with a onesie from his favorite sports team. That will definitely get your point across.
4) Tell your partner you’re having trouble with the family budget. When he comes over to help, hand him your EPT test instead of a pen.
5) Tell your husband you have a cute new outfit to show him. Then unwrap the sleeper and the newborn-size Pampers.
6) Take a picture of your pregnancy test and frame it. Give it to him with a card that says “To the best dad ever.”
7) Give him a t-shirt or coffee mug that announces he’s a father. Our personal favorite at South Lake? Fatherhood: The Toughest Job You’ll Ever Love.
9) Offer a home-made coupon that says, “Good for one baby. To be redeemed April 2015″ (or whenever your due date may be.)
10) Does your hubby have a sweet tooth? How about a cake that says “Happy New Father’s Day” or specially printed M&Ms that read “And Baby makes Three.”
These are just some ideas that tickled our fancy, gleaned from this article from Parents.com, this one from Daily Mom, this one from Babyzone and this one from Just Mommies. If none of the above suggestions catch your fancy, try the above links for additional creative ideas.